About Me

My photo
Author of Thread Magic: The Enchanted World of Ellen Anne Eddy Fiber artist, author and teacher

Would you like to have a class with Ellen?

Ellen would be delighted to have a class with you or your group! You can check out her classes at www.ellenanneeddy.com. She also offers independent studio time in her studio in Indiana. Talk to Ellen about classes at 219-921-0885, or contact her scheduler Melida at 405-735-3703 .to set a date
Monday, August 9, 2010

Some Beautiful Beast Quilts

Some Beautiful Beasts
A while back I asked folks for some pictures of their beautiful beast quilts to freshen up a slide show of mine.Slide shows are kind of like make up.They need fresh images every so often to keep them interesting and current.

Most slide shows you offer to guilds are about how you did something. But The Beautiful Beast Lecture is different. Instead it's the stories of why someone did a quilt.Basically, it's an answer to the question, "Why is there a bug on this quilt?"So I was looking for great stories as well as great images.

Although most of the quilts are my own, any lecture is much stronger when you add other people's considerable vision and talent.Here are some of the fabulous quilts people sent me. I was bowled over by the work they sent.

I chose quilts that fit into certain categories and had the best stories and the clearest pictures. I wish I could have used them all, because they were all fabulous.

I promised the people I chose for the lecture a CD copy of the lecture. This was foolish because I neglected to ask for their physical addresses. So I will be sending out a downloadable copy of it to you through YouSendIt. If you wish a hard copy, please email me with your physical address.

This little slide show is not the full lecture. It's a showing of the great quilts people shared with me.

Thanks again for sending your lovely work to me, so I can share it  with the  quilters who come to my lectures!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Networked Blogs

Guest Blog On Quilt Gallery

Guest Blog On Quilt Gallery
A Beauty Beheld

Guest Blog On Subversive Stitchers!

Guest Blog On Subversive Stitchers!
The Stories Tell Me

SAQA Artists Ring

Quilt Teacher Blog Ring

Quilt Teacher Blog Ring

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com

Followers