About Me

My photo
Author of Thread Magic: The Enchanted World of Ellen Anne Eddy Fiber artist, author and teacher

Would you like to have a class with Ellen?

Ellen would be delighted to have a class with you or your group! You can check out her classes at www.ellenanneeddy.com. She also offers independent studio time in her studio in Indiana. Talk to Ellen about classes at 219-921-0885, or contact her scheduler Melida at 405-735-3703 .to set a date
Friday, February 12, 2010

Animal Quilt Round Up

May I ask your help?
I'm getting ready to do  a lecture at the North Carolina Quilt Festival, and I'd like to add some new work to it.

The lecture is The Beautiful Beast.
I have lectures for lots of reasons. Several are about technique. One is about living as an artist. This one lecture is about how animal symbols translate into our lives through our work. I haven't given it in a while, and I would like to freshen it up.

I'm looking for quilts that have animals in them and have interesting stories about them. Funny, sad, weird, lovely, whatever.  I'm not concerned about technique or style here. I would rather a broad range of both. Nor am I looking for quilts like my own.
I do need this to be original work. It can be inspired by someone else, but it can't be something from a kit.

I can't pay you money,  but if I choose your quilt for the lecture,  I'll surely give you glory.


The story is, in it's own way, as important as the quilt. This is a lecture about stories, and I'm looking for good ones. Please send your stories with the pictures.

If you have a quilt you think might fit in and you'd like me to show, send me a 72 dpi image at 450 width one detail, one full shot. Please make these photos with nothing but the quilt itself. I'd also like a 500 word (give or take) statement with the quilt's story and its technical information. My choices will, I'm sorry to say, be completely arbitrary and my own.


If I use your photo, I'll send you a CD power-point copy of my lecture as a thank you.

Send photos  and art statement to Ellen Anne Eddy. Thanks so very much!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Networked Blogs

Guest Blog On Quilt Gallery

Guest Blog On Quilt Gallery
A Beauty Beheld

Guest Blog On Subversive Stitchers!

Guest Blog On Subversive Stitchers!
The Stories Tell Me

SAQA Artists Ring

Quilt Teacher Blog Ring

Quilt Teacher Blog Ring

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com

Followers